Healthcare Policy Advocacy – We always seek for opportunity to review and advice leaders of the healthcare sector in Nigeria on issues such as the practice of radiography and quackery, ultrasound education and training, cooperation with other allied health workers and bridging the gap with other professionals in the practice of medical imaging.
• Cooperating and interacting with other Nigerian Communities within and outside the United Kingdom
• Partnering with other Nigerian-born or Nigerian-trained radiographers in USA, Canada, the Middle East, Australia, and other African countries.
• Collaborating with the Association of Radiographers of Nigeria.
• Representing and supporting our members with personal or professional issues
• Ensuring that healthcare information is readily available to indigent populations and that the dissemination and propagation of such information is not unduly hampered. Read more »
NIRAD members have undertaken the following clinical research and publications: Read more »
NIRAD members have in the past made donations to department of radiography at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, University of Lagos as well as the upcoming department of radiography at the University of Benin Edo State in Nigeria. Read more »
NIRAD undertakes a monthly educational exercise for its members through its Academic Paper Review Group Meeting. Individual members of NIRAD are also involved in one type of post graduate educational activity or the other. This includes professional specialist training in areas of practice such as magnetic resonance imaging, computerised tomography scanning, ultrasonography and densitometry. Postgraduate M Level education and doctor of philosophy training in the practice of radiography are currently being undertaken and encouraged by NIRAD members. Read more »